Anxiety and stress are a part of life and too often we start to feel like they will be constant companions. With so much going on in our world today, it is no mystery why anxiety is starting to become a larger health risk. Anxiety is not meant to be an everyday feeling, and learning to manage it will help improve both your physical and mental health. Stress, the more physical counterpart of anxiety, is a large contributor to health problems across the United States. Below are some of the common issues that can be caused by anxiety and stress over time.
- Increased anger/agitation
- Exhaustion (Both physical and mental)
- Difficulty focusing
- Memory issues (specifically with short term memory)
- Abnormal fear or aversion of risks
- Decreased immune response (more likely to get sick)
- Increased risk of insomnia
- Stomach pain/ digestion issues
- Muscle spasms
- Abnormal sexual response
- Weight issues
Managing and reducing stress and anxiety is beneficial to your overall health. Learning to relax and calm your brain and body will help improve almost every aspect of your life. If you are interested in getting assistance in managing your stress and anxiety, consider talking to a professional and get started toward a better life.